Shamelessly stolen from Cindy Pon, a picture of our panel on the Female Gaze.
Me, Nalo Hopkinson, Malinda Lo and Kate Elliott.
Sirens is a wonderful convention, and I was struck dumb for whole minutes by meeting Nalo Hopkinson and Kate Elliott. (It’s a long time for me! Later I kidnapped Kate and made her take me to a waterfall. But out of love.)
This panel was amazing, with Malinda, Nalo and Kate all saying brilliant things and also really great contributions from the audience. And, I, uh, well.
I performed the Jacob Black cover of Adele’s Someone Like You.
‘I hate to come out of the woods uninvited
But I couldn’t stay away I couldn’t fight it
I hoped you’d see my abs and that you’d be reminded
That for me… it isn’t over…’
… Each… each to her own… I guess?
Sarah’s song was awesome! I also adored being on this panel. In fact, it was so great I’m here to tell you now that if you are into fantasy and ladybusiness, you should come to Sirens in October 2013. Think about it. :)
19 Notes/ Hide
- girljanitor likes this
- marvelous-merbutler likes this
- serendipityschild likes this
- daricemoore likes this
- lainey likes this
- heliotropo likes this
- kateelliottsff reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- singularcherubim likes this
- rachelg1630 likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- theyearsiwasashipwreck likes this
- malindalo reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- thepurestofhearts likes this
- figsandtea likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- impulsiveobsessions reblogged this from sarahreesbrennan and added:
- impulsiveobsessions likes this
- stellawonphelps likes this
- bright-wings likes this
- sarahreesbrennan posted this